Hey there Little Mommas!!! I hope you are having a great day! I’m so thrilled to introduce you to a ministry colleague of mine who also happens to be a great friend! She is an extremely gifted Communicator and Women’s Minister who is intent on helping women know how to walk with the Lord and hear His voice—especially through difficult days and “silent seasons”. Her every heartbeat is for teaching personal application of God’s Word. She is also passionate about discipling and developing leaders. In fact, she gets the credit for challenging me to step out in faith and follow God’s call in my life to encourage women! She is a SHINY stick of dynamite when she hits the stage…so please give her a warm welcome!! Meet Ms. Debbie Stuart!
“Blessed is she who believes what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.”
Debbie’s Call to Ministry:
“God confirmed and established His call on my life through His Word and His personal promise to me in II Cor. 8:10-12. The Lord has ignited a passion in my heart for mentoring, coaching and equipping the younger generation. I am dedicated to Biblical literacy, practical application of Biblical principles and effective ministry to women, including those incarcerated. It is my utmost desire to motivate women toward a deeper and more meaningful relationship with the One who loves them most. I am devoted to equipping women for leadership under the guidelines of God’s Word. I am convinced that finding, believing and pursuing God’s plan and purpose for our lives at all cost, is worth any sacrifice…and I plan to proclaim it for the rest of my days.” D. Stuart
Two of her most tender loves are for women in ministry and women in crisis. Having walked through the pain of losing her mom at a young age, then her dad— followed by her brother and other family members—Debbie is acquainted with the reality of painful seasons in life. Her greatest test came when the Lord allowed her to be “shipwrecked” —like Paul in Acts 27– as she walked through her son’s prison sentencing. But what you must know is that the lessons learned through those painful circumstances were not lost in the process of that pain. In fact, the greatest tragedy she’s faced to date has opened the door to the most precious ministry she has experienced thus far…Prison Ministry. The Lord always intends for us to have a “successful shipwreck”. And she is intentional in her pursuit of helping women understand that truth.
Here’s a little peek into Debbie’s Resume!
Husband: John Mark Stuart (married in 1984)
Children: Jarrad Michael Stuart (born 2-2-88) and Haley Carol Stuart (born 5-24-89), Married to Chris Taylor (Pastor)
Grandchild:Clark Andrew Taylor (born June 2014) and Luke Everette Taylor (born March 2017)
WOMEN’S MINISTRY EDUCATION
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary – Graduate: Women’s Ministry Certificate Programs
- LifeWay Christian Resources – Women’s Ministry Enrichment and Leadership Training
- 25 years’ experience in Women’s Ministry, 10 years at a multi-site, Mega Church in Plano, TX
- Licensed to Ministry by First Baptist Church Hebron
- Women’s Minister at Green Acres Baptist Church in Tyler, Texas
- Currently – Women’s Ministry Consultant/Trainer for LifeWay Christian Resources (since 1991)
- Currently- Contributor/Writer for WomensMinistryTool.net
- Life and Ministry Coach – AACC Certified
- Vice President of Ministry Initiatives for Hope for the Heart
- National Speaker/Teacher for Salem Communications
- Director of Church and Leadership Development for Women of Faith 2013-2015
- Director of Women’s Ministry at Prestonwood Baptist Church 2003-2013
- Director of Women’s Ministry at Willow Point – Jan 1994 – Sept 2003
- Author of “20 Minutes a Day for the Rest of Your Life” and “20 Lessons Learned”
- Conference/Retreat Speaker and Bible Teacher
- Founder and Director of Network Extravaganza
- Bible Study Fellowship Leader
- Member of Association of Women’s Ministry Professionals
- Previous Board of Directors for Prestonwood Pregnancy Center, Proven Way Ministries, Refresh Ministries
SPECIAL HONORS: Awarded “Legends Award” in 2017. Awarded the 2015 “Woman of the Word” award presented by Salem Communications. Awarded the 2011 Shining Star Award presented to Outstanding Women in Leadership who faithfully invest in the lives of women. Nominated for the 2016 Women of Excellence award.
To encourage women to develop a lifetime habit of spending daily, quality time with God, Debbie authored 20 Minutes a Day for the Rest of Your Life and 20 Lessons Learned from 20 Minutes a Day. Also available for purchase is a Journal and Scripture Index Cards available on Ebay.
Yep, She’s Shiny, alright! Hope you get a chance to meet her for yourself real soon!
She is an amazing woman and I am so blessed by this post!
LOVE Debbie Stuart. Years ago, I attended a Bible Study that she taught. I have heard her speak on multiple occasions. And I have her 20 Minutes a Day for the Rest of Your Life book, which I highly recommend for anyone who could use a little guidance on daily devotion time. One of these days I will get to one of her Hope for the Heart events. 🙂